[rescue] Re-animating older CLARiiON disk array...

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Oct 28 03:57:54 CST 2002

On Monday, October 28, 2002, at 04:53 AM, Marc Gutschner wrote:
>> From what I've learned while 'google'ing around and searching the
>> SunHelp
> archives this seems to indicate a missing "database disk". This gives
> me
> no wonder since the drives have been stripped before I got this beast
> :-)

   That could suck. :-/

> I've a couple of 'cudas and other SCSI disks to put in the array, but
> I'm
> missing the "OS" for the array. Now to my question:
>
> 	Is it possible, to just hook up the drive to another machine
> 	and 'dd' an image file from a working system to the disk to
> 	revive the array?
>
> 	If yes, where I can get such an image?
>
> 	If no, is there anyone out there who can "mirror me a disk",
> 	so that I can breathe new life into this otherwise excellent
> 	piece of hardware?

   I have a similar Clariion running in production here...I can probably
take it down long enough to copy that disk, but I'm not sure how to
copy that data.  I'm also not sure about shipping to/from Germany. ;)

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                  "Mmmm, big."
St. Petersburg, FL                -Den