[rescue] SM81

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Mon Oct 28 06:45:24 CST 2002

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 22:09:44 -0500 (EST)
Linc Fessenden <linc at thelinuxlink.net> wrote:

> I live in an apartment and have a 7' rack and another 3' filled with
> kit and then a couple piles here and there as well.  My landlord has
> been here a couple of times and her only response was "wow, what's
> that for?"  My simple reply was that was how I do my work.  Never had
> a question or a sideways look since.  It's not like my stuff is hidden
> either - in fact, my office is what would be the dining room, visible
> as soon as you walk in the door.
>
> --
> -Linc Fessenden

I live in a double wide, and my problems are different.  My wife has
asked that I keep computer presence in the living/dining room to a
minimum, preferably just the MAME cabinet, which means the third bedroom
is just computers.  I don't have to worry about landlords, but I am
concerned about floor loading.

I also am looking at a future problem, because our second child is
currently 7 months old, and unemployment has delayed the building of the
computer building, and soon I have to figure out how to find a room for
the boy, and still fit the computers.

Life as a single accumulator in rented housing has problems, but life as
a married with children accumulator in owned housing has its own little
set of challenges. :-)

I got out of being married in rented housing ASAP, but even then the
computers had their own room.

Tim