[rescue] SM81

Linc Fessenden linc at thelinuxlink.net
Sun Oct 27 21:09:44 CST 2002

> > Unless he moves out of the US or to a non-populated area he'll
> > probably have the same problems.  You have to remember the amount of
> > paranoia that is actively being created by the media today.  You might
> > be a "music pirate" or worse a "hacker" working for Osama/Saddam.
> > Don't show any porn on your screen or you might be suspected as a
> > pedophile even if the porn is legal.  Use "chat rooms"?  You're a
> > sexual predator or a drug dealer.  MIB said it best - "A person is
> > smart.  People are dumb, panicky, and you know it!".
>
>    Speaking as both a landlord and a tenant, I call "bullshit".  While I
> agree with most of your statements, I disagree wholeheartedly that
> anyone who does any of these things will automatically have trouble
> with their landlord in every case.  I do all of those things, and I
> definitely have had problems...in ONE INSTANCE...one instance in the
> past fifteen years of renting, spread over ten houses & apartments.

I live in an apartment and have a 7' rack and another 3' filled with kit
and then a couple piles here and there as well.  My landlord has been here
a couple of times and her only response was "wow, what's that for?"  My
simple reply was that was how I do my work.  Never had a question or a
sideways look since.  It's not like my stuff is hidden either - in fact,
my office is what would be the dining room, visible as soon as you walk in
the door.

--
-Linc Fessenden