[rescue] SM81

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Mon Oct 28 10:07:11 CST 2002

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Tim H. wrote:
> I live in a double wide, and my problems are different.  My wife has
> asked that I keep computer presence in the living/dining room to a
> minimum, preferably just the MAME cabinet, which means the third bedroom
> is just computers.  I don't have to worry about landlords, but I am
> concerned about floor loading.

This is one of my concerns too, but to a lesser degree. I just don't want
to have to deal with the constant drone of the machines, but I'm loathe to
throw away my 6' rack cabinet. For one, it was hard to get in the first
place. For two, it's more convenient to rack them up  rather than have
them piled all over each other. Then there's the uber-UPS, etc.

I'm just tired of sleeping in the same room as the computers because of
noise and I'd like to keep them `hidden' without incurring the cost of an
additional room.

I dunno. I just dunno. I'm loathe to throw anything away -- I've put too
much effort into having what I need around, but at the same time, I feel
like I have _waaay_ too much stuff to comfortably deal with.

I've never had landlord problems over the 'puters, not yet anyway.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris at nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
                    "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"