[rescue] Re-animating older CLARiiON disk array...

Marc Gutschner Marc.Gutschner at Triplan.COM
Mon Oct 28 03:53:55 CST 2002

Hi!

I've been looking around for the missing parts to re-animate a CLARiiON
10-slot disk array that is sitting in my office for a couple of weeks now.

The type-code label says, it's a C1600D, which contains 2 AMD-based SPs.
When plugging in a serial console and switching it on, the system starts
some (apparently internal) self tests and identifies itself as

	Model 7300.1.6
	Firmware Revision 08.02 - 06/19/96

Next, there is a row of letters that goes from 'A' to 'T' and then the
system stops with a

	'Information Code 0001007e'

>From what I've learned while 'google'ing around and searching the SunHelp
archives this seems to indicate a missing "database disk". This gives me
no wonder since the drives have been stripped before I got this beast :-)

I've a couple of 'cudas and other SCSI disks to put in the array, but I'm
missing the "OS" for the array. Now to my question:

	Is it possible, to just hook up the drive to another machine
	and 'dd' an image file from a working system to the disk to
	revive the array?

	If yes, where I can get such an image?

	If no, is there anyone out there who can "mirror me a disk",
	so that I can breathe new life into this otherwise excellent
	piece of hardware?

MTIA for any input,
Marc
--