[rescue] Linux on PA-RISC (was: hp visualize-s.. B's and C's)

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Oct 23 16:37:40 CDT 2002

On 2002.10.23 23:10 Steve Pacenka wrote:

> On an HP 720 it takes a couple of hours to build something as large as
> xemacs from source.
What is the problem? OK. I am a VAXomanic. See 9. at:
http://world.std.com/~bdc/projects/vaxen/vaxgeektop10.html

> And then when it fails to launch in the same way
> that the binary prepackaged version failed did you are not happy.
I can understand... This may not apply to xemacs, but there is a lot
i386/Linux-ware out there who will not run / build well on a non-i386 /
non-Linux box. Especially if it is a big endian and / or 64 bit arch...
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen