[rescue] DASTARDLY!

Eric Ozrelic eric at stereolab.net
Tue Oct 22 01:53:53 CDT 2002

Hello there, I don't send many articles out to people, but PLEASE READ THIS!
This article effects everyone who does business on the internet. This
company (PanIP) is suing small companies that have e-commerce sites on the
internet because they claim they have a patent for "automated sales and
services system," and an "automatic business and financial
transaction-processing system." What they are doing is suing small companies
that don't have the resources to fight back in court and making them cough
up huge sums of money, or putting them out of business on the web.

http://www.informationweek.com/story/IWK20021020S0002

and http://www.youmaybenext.com/

I'm not usually vocal on such matters, but these seemed sooo dastardly and
back handed that I felt the need to inform everybody of this companies
actions to promote awareness of the situation. Please forward these links,
or this message to anyone who could help, or should know about this. THIS
COULD PUT US ALL OUT OF BUSINESS IF SOMETHING ISN'T DONE!

Regards,

Eric Ozrelic

Chief Technology Officer        Webformix
Tel. 541-385-8532                220 NW Oregon Ave STE E
Fax. 541-385-8643               Bend OR 97701
                www.webformix.net