[rescue] hp visualize-s.. B's and C's

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Sun Oct 20 07:30:00 CDT 2002

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 12:00:42PM -0500, Leslie Connally wrote:

> what are HP HP-UX Visualize-s "worth".. are they amusing?
> B180x  C180?x C 2xx??
Depends on the config. The PA-RISC CPUs have a lot of bang even at
low MHz speeds. (I saw a CINT95 list where a C200 with 200 MHz
PA8200 was at the same speed as a 500 MHz 21164 Alpha, to use
the other extreme.) HP-UX may not be as "nice" as Solaris or
Tru64 but when every thing fails there is still the penguin...
I don't have newer Sun / HP gear at the moment. But if I had the
choice PA8xxx <=> UltraSPARC, I would take the HP. The HP machines
are not that "erotic" like a Sun or SGI and therefore they are
mostly underestimated.
--

tsch|_,
          Jochen