[rescue] ultra-1 question

James james at jdfogg.com
Sat Oct 19 13:38:10 CDT 2002

I am trying to start up an ultra I rescued from work.

besides having trouble breaking the root password (I know all roots, but
this must be one that predates me),  it is complaining that 64bit O/S is
installed, but 32bit is default for this microprocessor.

boot splash shows ultra-1, 167mhz, 256M dram.

Would this be a 32 bit machine? I thought all ultras were 64 bit.

I has sol8 installed and I have the sol8 full distro boxed set.

When I boot cdrom -s and try to mount c0t0d0s0 (that is the boot disk) it
gives me a complaint the nfs syntax is hostname: yada yada.

should I do mount /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0 /a  ???
or mount c0t0d0s0 /a  ???