[rescue] VxWorks?

Barry Fujii barry at engr.webpipeline.com
Sat Oct 12 21:49:14 CDT 2002

On Sat, 2002-10-12 at 18:48, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 06:17:56PM -0700, Barry Fujii wrote:

> I'm familiar with WTK.  I rather dislike it, but my school advisor loves
> it.  They've been using it since at least 1994, with only just now signs
> that they might be dumping it for straight GL.
>
> WTK was cool when it was on a dual SS10 ZX machine.  Not anywhere near
> as cool on an OnyxRE, or todays PC hardware.

it was very easy to use for a beginner. i think thats why we used it.
there were very few technical merits i could find other than rapid
development and not needing to know GL.

i was lucky, we were using indy r4k and indigo extremes at the time.
right as i left, we moved to the 8cpu challenge system.

there was an audible *schwing* when it arrived. :)