[rescue] VxWorks?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sat Oct 12 23:21:26 CDT 2002

On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 07:49:14PM -0700, Barry Fujii wrote:

> it was very easy to use for a beginner. i think thats why we used it.
> there were very few technical merits i could find other than rapid
> development and not needing to know GL.

Yeah, and you were doing real prototyping.  Here, it was used as all the
programming exercises in the intro to computer graphics class.
Basically, the majority of people were up the river, if they couldn't
figure out real workld systems, like OpenGL, or how one actually draws a
filled triangle quickly, on their own.

Plus, most people use the assignments to write games, and WTK ain't
great for that.

> i was lucky, we were using indy r4k and indigo extremes at the time.
> right as i left, we moved to the 8cpu challenge system.

> there was an audible *schwing* when it arrived. :)

Shweet.x

--
Joshua D. Boyd