[rescue] Sr. Irix Job w/DOE clearance

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Oct 11 23:04:18 CDT 2002

On Friday, October 11, 2002, at 11:51 PM, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> I am looking for a job, but I have no clearance with the gummint.
>
> Just how does one go about getting clearance if they don't already
> work for the gummint?  It would expand my job opportunities in the
> area a bit if I had clearance going into the process.

   Be advised that this is very old information...I last held a security
clearance something like twelve years ago, and it was through
DoD/DISCO, not DoE.

   You go to work for an organization without a clearance.  They apply
for a clearance for you.  When you get that clearance, and subsequently
leave that organization, your clearance persists for six months, then
expires.  I don't know if there's anything involved in "moving" your
clearance to a new company or agency, as I've never had to do that.

   Things may be a bit different now...9/11, no more cold war with the
Soviet Union, etc.

        -Dave

St. Petersburg, FL       reboot and upgrade."    -Jonathan Patschke