[rescue] alphaserver 4100

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Oct 8 10:23:20 CDT 2002

On Tuesday, October 8, 2002, at 05:45 AM, Jochen Kunz wrote:
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2059059144
>> It's withing driving distance to pick up.  What should i be willing to
>> bid?
> OK no memory. I don't know what memory it needs, maybe very special
> (=expensive) modules. But it has 4 x 440 MHz CPUs! If it wheren't on
> the other side of the pond, I would spend the $700 for BIN.
> Maybe you can swap one or two CPUs for a reasonible amount of RAM
> if you don't wane invest additional $$$ for RAM.

   It takes AS4100-specific memory boards, which are expensive...but
they do show up on the surplus market from time to time.  I have one of
these on the way, identical configuration, and I'll be looking for some
memory too...it won't be all that difficult to find affordably.

         -Dave

St. Petersburg, FL       reboot and upgrade."    -Jonathan Patschke