[rescue] The aesthetics of rescue

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Oct 2 09:13:26 CDT 2002

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 09:57:34AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> >They sound quite nice.  I am looking forward to getting my Auspex
> >honker up and running.  I am waiting on the electrician to install the
> >proper plug.  Some people have banged on the Auspex for not being as
> >nice as the NetApps, but I think once it is up and running it will be
> >quite solid.
>
>   Bullshit...I've used several of both and run them side by side, and
> while NetApps are really great machines, Auspexes (of similar
> generations) kick the snot out of them.
>
>   There's no substitute for dedicated hardware and distributed
> processing.

>From my understanding, the only reason you can hold that opinion so hard
is because you refuse to acknowledge that the new machines labels auspex
are really auspexs.  From what I've heard, newer Auspexs (like when they
went to NT instead of the custom sparc stuff) aren't as nice as NetApps.

But, I could be wrong.  Except I think I heard that from you.  I never
have such nice toys around to play with/use/lay eyes upon.

--
Joshua D. Boyd