[rescue] The aesthetics of rescue

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Oct 2 08:57:34 CDT 2002

On Wednesday, October 2, 2002, at 03:33 AM, Patrick Giagnocavo
+1.717.201.3366 wrote:
>> in six years of running filers, from the early faserver 1400 to an
>> F330 we
>> beat the hell out of an isp (25,000 users' homedirs + /var/mail!) to
>> an
>> F630 in an academic environment to the F7x0's (and soon a new F820)
>> here
>
> They sound quite nice.  I am looking forward to getting my Auspex
> honker up and running.  I am waiting on the electrician to install the
> proper plug.  Some people have banged on the Auspex for not being as
> nice as the NetApps, but I think once it is up and running it will be
> quite solid.

   Bullshit...I've used several of both and run them side by side, and
while NetApps are really great machines, Auspexes (of similar
generations) kick the snot out of them.

   There's no substitute for dedicated hardware and distributed
processing.

          -Dave

St. Petersburg, FL       reboot and upgrade."    -Jonathan Patschke