[rescue] NetPort Express

Phil Schilling phils at gcstech.net
Fri May 31 14:44:18 CDT 2002

Pastorel Alexoaie wrote:

> Hello folks
> just a another newbye.
>
> A while ago you were talking about Intel NetportExpress print servers. I just
> got my hand on two of these, and look what I did:
>
> I played with the first , it was 192.168.135.2 but the Intel Netport Manager
> did not fint it. I could telnet and ping with him, but nothing else.Then I
> managed to "restore factory defaults", and nou it has no IP, I cant telnet or
> ping. Still, the Intel Netport Manager cannot find it. The second print server
> didn' have an IP from the start, but there was somebody else.
> How could I reinstall them? How do I set up an IP again?
>
> Pasto
Pasto,
	You can set the netport express ip using arp -s, check out the documentation
on Intels sight for the print servers.  Can't remember off the top of my head
but it is something like arp -s [mac access] [ip address]

HTH

Phil
--
Quote from my 10 year old son to me after a comment to my wife:
"Dad, your mouths doing the talking but your butt's gonna get the whipping"