[rescue] MacOS essentials

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri May 31 10:35:36 CDT 2002

ftp://ftp.apple.com

They have lots of stuff there, including non-apple software.

If you use a non-mac to download the basics (stuffit, etc) then you should
be aware of the Apple FileID issue. There is a bit for the Apple
application/file type that is lost when you transfer software from a
non-apple disk to an apple disk. There is software to write apple floppies
from Windblows and it sets the fileid correctly.

James Fogg, Network Engineer
Vicinity Corporation - New Hampshire
(603) 442-1751