[rescue] erwin

Rodito Buan II rodito at acdlabs.com
Tue May 21 17:42:51 CDT 2002

> but, how fasta can be a $ 20k workstation? so i try to find
> some benchmarks, most of them shows x86 like faster. well.
> My question is,
Did you really mean $20,000 or $2,000? You can actually buy a monster
server with 20k.

> it's a good idea buy an used octane to run code in C
> (my AI project)?. (stupid idea?) how good idea is to buy
> a fuel (great name) workstation for my AI project?
I would say that this doesn't really matter if you keep your C code real
simple that when you port it on other platform you basically don't need
to do any major changes. Yes, it is a good platform, though SGI is
mostly used with Graphics and Animations.

> it's good idea to run a web server in sgi? (old or new?)
Apache runs on IRIX. iPlanet runs on IRIX :-)

Rodito