[rescue] Minor auction treasure. Sun 670MP - 690MP(?)

ghub005 at xtra.co.nz ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Mon May 20 04:16:35 CDT 2002

Hi Lads

I picked up some minor auction treasure today.

I'm pretty sure I got a Sun 670MP or 690MP system. I'm not sure which because I think the front plate has been swapped with a Storage vault one as it now reads "SUN Mass Storage". The system is basically a large VME chassis and the CPU card has SBUS connectors onboard. I wasn't able to open up the system to get the full config during the available viewing period, but for just over 10USD for the system I'm not too worried.

In case anyone is looking, there were also a pair of Sun Storagevaults (same chassis as the 670/690MP) for sale at 14USD each. They have no disks, but email me if you need/want them. As always, these are both in Melbourne, Australia.

The next systems I got were a pair of IBM Powerstation 340 & 355 boxes. Again I'm not sure if they work or even what hardware is installed, but I got them for about 1USD each. Buy me a beer and you can have them.

The last thing I got was an SS10 Soundbox. Now all I need is an SS10 to go with it! For those who know such things, will this work with my SS20?

Regards,

Gavin