[rescue] Can I get help with an old CompuAdd notebook setup?

Blazing Tattles Magazine claire at blazingtattles.com
Mon May 20 00:52:55 CDT 2002

Hi,

I have a CompuAdd 316NX whose setup was tampered with by a child.  I
don't know what the original settings were and I've moved and can't find
documentation. Right now the computer can't even find its C drive I'm
not sure it can read floppies in its A drive.

I use the machine for word processing.  I am a writer and the old Word
Perfect 5.1 works just fine on the 316nx.  (I use my desktop for online
stuff.)

Another question is -- I just bought a keyboard for the 316NX and the
socket in the 316NX is nonconforming to modern standards.  Is there
anyway to attach a keyboard, assuming I can get the setup corrected and
the machine running?

Thank you very much.

Claire W. Gilbert
claire at blazingtattles.com