[rescue] re: tsparc 170

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Thu May 9 23:42:57 CDT 2002

I have been playing with this tsparc - running OpenBSD 3.0.

So far, pretty snappy - I have tried compiling in one ssh term and
doing other stuff in another and things seem relatively responsive.

Apparently, there are two versions of the tsparc - one with 1024KB L2
cache and one with 512KB.  I have the version with 1024KB.

I am again shocked at the lean-ness of the BSD's - two SSH sessions,
compiling in one window and running top in another - 20MB RAM is being
used.

Just a data point.

How does the Tsparc compare with the Ultra 1/170?

./patrick