[rescue] Storage Works Raid

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu May 9 23:40:49 CDT 2002

{gratuitous spelling errors automatically corrected, although grammar
 not fixed =8-)

> > Well, I over slept and missed out.  It went really low too.  Low
> > enough to be worth taking a chance.
> Why didn't you JUST BID then?  If someone would have outbid
> you at the last second, would the emotional trauma (damam?) have
> been too great for Dave McGuire to take?  Jeez.  what's the worst
> that could have happened?  the other schmuck would have had to pay
> more?

It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase.

Seriously, once one has had a few items sniped out from under,
it's tough to even want to bid on an auction with more than two minutes
left.  Of the 6 auctions that I bid on in the last week with more
than 30 minutes left, the only two I won were the ones I didn't
care about.  In the other ones I bid what I thought was a reasonable
price but not at the high end--if I'd really *needed* it or had more
disposable income I would have bid more.

Perhaps Joshua's trying to save up to buy a really professional
OpenGL setup...

  --Rip