[rescue] screws for spud brackets

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 8 12:35:52 CDT 2002

> i've got a box of 14 disks sitting here, i've got 14 SSA
> "spud" brackets (or
> whatever they hell they are called)
Those are SSA brackets--*NOT* spuds.  In my experience they
work only in SSAs...you might get them into something else
with enough convincing, but $DEITY help you if you ever need
to remove that disk/bracket again...

> and i've got no screws.
> so where do you all get these silly little screws?  i'm just
> curious, since i
> will be needing about 100 of them.

If James is correct and the screws for electrical switchplate
covers will work, then that's the best solution--especially
if you need 100 of them and you want to buy in bulk.

For myself, I picked up an assortment similar to
  http://www.provantage.com/YSTRP04X.HTM
at a Timonium computer show several years back--and I periodically
restock when I see folks selling the random assortments of
PC screws (or whenever we get a bunch of decent motherboards
that come with extra screws.)

I haven't found anyone who sells specific types of computer screws
in bulk--part of that is because I don't know the size/thread
info that would let me search/order effectively.  (I'm going to
be in a similar boat, now that my 12-bay 711 is up-and-running
[Thanks Mike N.!] and I'm starting to populate it--so let me know
what you find out...)

  --Rip