[rescue] screws for spud brackets

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Wed May 8 12:30:34 CDT 2002

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 01:35:52PM -0400, Loomis, Rip wrote:
> Those are SSA brackets--*NOT* spuds.  In my experience they
> work only in SSAs...you might get them into something else
> with enough convincing, but $DEITY help you if you ever need
> to remove that disk/bracket again...

actually, i don't think i have a single "proper SSA" bracket.  i've got a
variety of brackets here, and they all seem to work just fine in the SSA.

> If James is correct and the screws for electrical switchplate
> covers will work, then that's the best solution--especially
> if you need 100 of them and you want to buy in bulk.

and i don't have to go searching for them, i know exactly where to get them,
and i don't have to drive all the way to King of Prussia to get them either
(not far, just traffic and trafficlight hell on the way)

> I haven't found anyone who sells specific types of computer screws
> in bulk--part of that is because I don't know the size/thread
> info that would let me search/order effectively.  (I'm going to
> be in a similar boat, now that my 12-bay 711 is up-and-running
> [Thanks Mike N.!] and I'm starting to populate it--so let me know
> what you find out...)

well, switchplate cover screws should work just fine for you as well!!

-brian
--
Whoops, nevermind...  the compile just imploded, crashing the xterm it was
running in as well...  Thanks, Richard...              -- George Adkins --