[rescue] Mailing List Software

Carl-Johan Schenstrom cjs at bluebox.pp.se
Tue May 7 04:02:15 CDT 2002

On Mon, 6 May 2002, Mike Johnson wrote:

> I -really- didn't like Majordomo.  I'd suggest looking at Ecartis:
> http://www.ecartis.org/
>
> Majordomo is okay, but I don't like the fact that the only way to
> effectively admin it is via a web page.  Ecartis (I used it when it was
> listar) can be totally admined through e-mail, including moderation
> approvals.  It's bounce handling rocks, too.

Are you sure you're not confusing Majordomo with Mailman? I used to run a
semi-large list server on Majordomo and the only way for our customers to
admin the lists was through e-mail. Great Circle could've added a web
interfance since then but I really don't think they'd remove the ability
to admin through e-mail.

//cjs