[rescue] Mailing List Software

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Mon May 6 21:16:08 CDT 2002

Dave McGuire [mcguire at neurotica.com] wrote:

>   One word: Mailman.
>
>   One phrase: Avoid majordomo like the plague.  It works fine, but
> it's dogmeat once you see Mailman.

I -really- didn't like Majordomo.  I'd suggest looking at Ecartis:
http://www.ecartis.org/

Majordomo is okay, but I don't like the fact that the only way to
effectively admin it is via a web page.  Ecartis (I used it when it was
listar) can be totally admined through e-mail, including moderation
approvals.  It's bounce handling rocks, too.

Mike
--
"Let the power of Ponch compel you!  Let the power of Ponch compel you!"
   -- Zorak on Space Ghost

[demime 0.99c.1 removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature]