[rescue] Mailing List Software

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Tue May 7 07:16:13 CDT 2002

Carl-Johan Schenstrom [cjs at bluebox.pp.se] wrote:

> Are you sure you're not confusing Majordomo with Mailman? I used to run a
> semi-large list server on Majordomo and the only way for our customers to
> admin the lists was through e-mail. Great Circle could've added a web
> interfance since then but I really don't think they'd remove the ability
> to admin through e-mail.

Grr, yes.  I meant to say:
 Mailman is okay, but I don't like the fact that the only way to
 effectively admin it is via a web page.  Ecartis (I used it when it
 was listar) can be totally admined through e-mail, including moderation
 approvals.  It's bounce handling rocks, too.

So, not so much confusing as letting my fingers move faster than my mind
(and obviously missing that when I re-read before sending).

In summary:
	Ecartis good
	Mailman okay
	Majordomo bad

Mike
--
"Let the power of Ponch compel you!  Let the power of Ponch compel you!"
   -- Zorak on Space Ghost