[rescue] Re: SBE/S

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun May 5 16:28:07 CDT 2002

On May 5, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> Serial?  Parallel?  USB? Haven't gotten around to buying myself a nice laser
> yet, but while ethernet may be nice, it would be one of the first features
> I'd be willing to sacrifice (since Sun's with parallel ports are cheap).  If

  Eeeew.  Networked is the only way to print.

> Eww, whats the point of a color laser if it can't do nice continuous
> tone printing?

  Umm, not everyone does the same things with their computers that you
do. ;)

> What I really would love is a nice Iris large format printer.  But, I've never
> seen a working one for sale, and considering the operating costs, it doesn't
> look likely to happen.

  I have a Kodak XLT-7720 for continuous-tone stuff.  Its output is
indistinquishable from photographic prints.  They're incredibly heavy
(I can't lift it) but they're well worth a hernia.

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                                 "Mmmm.  Big."
St. Petersburg, FL                                -Den