[rescue] Re: SBE/S

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Mon May 6 18:46:39 CDT 2002

On Monday 06 May 2002 12:38 am, you wrote:
> That's why you need a Color Laserjet 4550 :-).
>
> Those things print really nicely...
>
> GAWD I want one.

I have one (at work, a 4550DN for my exclusive use ; ) they're Schweet!!!
The toner carts for them are a little expensive though, ~ $110 each for CMY,
~$80 for Black, + a transfer kit for every 2-3 sets of toner cartridges
@$180, and a Drum kit at ~$200 or so every 3-4 sets.  I have had mine for a
year now, and I'm about 50% of the way to a fuser replacement ( ~$270 IIRC).

They are spectacular, though.  4ppm Color (1.5 ppm duplex color)  16ppm black
text (b/w graphics are close to the same speed if you use the PostScript
driver, otherwise 4-8 ppm using PCL)

Well worth the cash if you need one. (or even if you don't)

George