[rescue] Nerd Desks?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sat May 4 19:32:02 CDT 2002

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 07:39:16PM -0400, Torquil MacCorkle III wrote:
> I know a lot of us have 10 or more networked computers at home and 5 or more
> monitors. I am wondering what everyone uses as a desk for this. I would like
> all my machines and monitors and keyboards located at one desk, and it seems
> all the desks you see are designed for 1-2 computers. (Please, if possible
> include pictures of your setup).

The proper solution is to rack the machines.  A solution I still haven't
been able to implement yet due to the cost of racks.

As to the monitors, I've never seen anyone have more than 4 monitors on
one desk, and that was only once (a dual headed machine with a 21" y/c
preview monitor, and a monitor for a second machine).  Most people I
know top out at 2, occasionally 3 monitors, per desk.  I currently have 2
monitors on my desk, and I plan to keep it that way.  If I want more
monitors, I'll set up additional workstations.

--
Joshua D. Boyd