[rescue] Sparc IPX's

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Sat Mar 30 16:03:43 CST 2002

Mike Hebel wrote:

> TMI> Found this on ebay:
> TMI> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2000266910
>
> TMI> I don't think you can go too wrong for $20.
>
> This doesn't look like a Dutch Auction so it looks like the cost is:
> $5.00 + $14.50 + (86 * $7) = $621.50

The bottom of the page does have a quantity box, but it isn't like a
regular auction, and there is nothing that says it's a Dutch auction.
There's also nothing that says it is an auciton at all! There's no "bid"
button, just a "buy now" one.

I suppose if you have parity RAM and a SCSI drive it might be fun.

Also makes me wonder who had these things when they say *memory* was
removed for security reasons... Some property of RAM that is, as yet,
unknown to me that would make this necessary? ;)

--
Steve Sandau
IS Technician, TMA Bath, Maine
ssandau at bath.tmac.com