[rescue] Tandem badged Indigo2

roosmcd at dds.nl roosmcd at dds.nl
Fri Mar 29 07:33:36 CST 2002

> I rescued yesterday my first SGI system ! A complete Indigo2, 150MHz
> R4400, 64MB, with screen, keyboard, bells and whistles...

 Well, what graphics? Although 150MHz would seem to me that it is a non-impact
machine.

> One strange thing about this machine is that the front panel reads
> TANDEM instead of Indigo2 ! Apart from that, it looks like a standard
> Indigo2, running 5.3, except for une thing :

 Is it another color than a normal Indigo2? I have a somewhat off-color PI/35
from tandem, not as nice though as the pink Indy...

> After spending an hour removing dust accumulated in this system, I
> noticed that the audio subsystem isn't present ! On the rear, the
> place where audio connectors should be is obturated with a steel
> plate, and there is an empty connector on the motherboard.
> Is this missing connector/card hard to find ?

 Ehh, no, it's quite common. Almost every Indigo2 has one. However I don't
think that many people are willing to sell theirs. I had to scrap another PI/35
to get a missing audio card for my machine. Where are you located? I have such
an audio board (with motherboard) lying around here that I'll trade you for a
chocolate easter bunny.

  Michiel