[rescue] FDDI on Sparc 5 / Indigo2 / DEC3000

James Sharp jsharp at psychoses.org
Tue Mar 26 12:33:24 CST 2002

> What FDDI SBus card should I get? It seams that there are different
> available. Is it at all worth to get one? (I don't need FDDI if the card
> / driver congests trafic at 2..3MB/s.[1]) OS in question is NetBSD, but
> this will be replaced by Solaris 8 as soon as I get more RAM for the
> machine. (SS5, 110MHz, 64MB) [2]

There is no sbus FDDI support in NetBSD (yet...probably not anytime soon
either).

I've got a Cisco/Crescendo dual attach CDDI board in a machine running Sol
2.7.  It works pretty well and supposedly the driver will work under Sol 8
as well.

> Any experience with GIO FDDI cards in a Indio2? (150MHz R4400)

I had one in my R4400 machine at home for a while.  Fast as shit...never
had a problem with it.