[rescue] FDDI on Sparc 5 / Indigo2 / DEC3000

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Tue Mar 26 13:25:26 CST 2002

On 2002.03.26 19:33 James Sharp wrote:

> There is no sbus FDDI support in NetBSD (yet...probably not anytime
> soon either).
I know. That complex station management (SMT) stuff, that is done in
microcode on the DEC DEF{T,E,P}A cards, but by a user land daemon for
the SBus cards...
As already stated NetBSD will be banished from that machine as soon as I
get some more RAM... (contantly scanning EPay...) I suspect that 64MB
RAM is a "bit" tight for Solaris 8.

> I've got a Cisco/Crescendo dual attach CDDI board in a machine running
> Sol 2.7.  It works pretty well and supposedly the driver will work
under
> Sol 8 as well.
Anyone heared about Network Peripherals Inc. cards?

> > Any experience with GIO FDDI cards in a Indio2? (150MHz R4400)
> I had one in my R4400 machine at home for a while.  Fast as
> shit...never had a problem with it.
Aha. That was what I wanted to hear. ;-)

Thanks for the advice.
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen