[rescue] Accidentally destroying hardware..

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Mon Mar 25 17:42:23 CST 2002

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 02:42:00PM -0800, Dan Canaan wrote:

> Adrenaline can do amazing things when you have this huge thing in your face
> coming at you.  I was able to push off it and let the momentum carry the
> weight past without landing.  I actually got hurt more by the aluminum

i had a 6' DEC rack with a couple hundred pounds of gear in it slide down a
flight of stairs and pin me against the wall.  landed with my back against the
wall, and the angular weight of the rack resting against my knees as i was in a
squating position as well as having it rest it's downward weight directly on my
one foot.

my foot was sore, as were my knees, and i have a couple scars on my right arm
where the sharp pointy-edged wireguide at the bottom of the rack sliced into me
a bit.  all-in-all no permanant dammage.

but let's talk adrenaline.  the first words out of my mouth were:

"Well... *that* didn't go as planned."

the next words were of course (very calmly said):

"Mark, could you get this thing off of me please?"

to which he pulled and i pushed until i could scoot out of the way.

then the post-adrenaline shakes came, drank some water and went back to moving.

it was a GREAT weekend. :)

-brian

--
"Oh, shut up Buddha."  -Jesus Christ (South Park)