[rescue] Thoughts on system noise...

Bill Vinson billvinson at nc.rr.com
Sun Mar 24 17:28:46 CST 2002

I have recently gotten a Sparc IPX.  I love the little beast, but I have
noticed that the fan noise combined with a high pitch whine of the 1GB
SCSI drive I put in it can be somewhat annoying (Even when under the
desk)... I have been experimenting with multiple drives to quiet it
down, but so far none have helped :)  As I hope to do more of this, how
do you all deal with system noise?  I have several macs and pcs and of
which are fairly quiet, but these older drives seem to be less designed
with noise in mind...

One of these days when I have a house, this will be less of an issue as
I hope to have a small server closet :)

Bill