[rescue] crle and LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Mar 14 14:10:04 CST 2002

> And actually, exporting LD_LIBRARY_PATH didn't work for compiling
> the library... I had to edit the makefiles (which is silly when
> using an autoconf-based package)

Depending on the version of autoconf used, the phase of the moon, and
other factors, setting LDFLAGS prior to running ./configure will sometimes
thwack things into place, causing configure to prepend the environmental
LDFLAGS to the one that it generates internally.

I've had it both work and not-work.  However, on the scripts where it
didn't work, there was a --with-libs= option that lets you specify extra
search directories.

--Jonathan