[rescue] ADMINISTRIVIA: Changes to mail

nate nate at nutopia.org
Thu Mar 14 13:41:52 CST 2002

--snip - stuff about dropping email if mx unreachable--

My lame mailserver is hanging off a 56k (no, it wasn't always that
way... shit happens) so I frequently vanish off the face of the earth
for a while. I might be annoyed if people had their mail servers set to
drop after a day and i missed an offer from a prof. for a job doing
research I'd be really peeved.... But this is different - it's an
*ARCHIVED* mailing list - you get dropped to save bill bandwidth, no
biggie. Takes all of what? 30 seconds to click subscribe? another 5
seconds to reply to the "are you sure..." email? You can glance at the
archive to see the email you missed that you wouldn't have gotten in a
timely manner anyway!

Three cheers for mrbill for putting up with all the crap he gets on
these lists!

--

--Nathaniel Grady

   /*\              ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
   \ /              - AGAINST HTML EMAIL
    X               - AGAINST MS ATTACHMENTS
   / \