[rescue] Booting an X-terminal

Harri Haataja harri.haataja at cs.Helsinki.FI
Tue Mar 12 16:47:44 CST 2002

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 05:22:52PM -0500, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> I haven't tried to fire up my X terminal since I moved here to Seattle 8
> months ago, and now I find that it won't.
>
> The terminal is an HP 700RX, which is similar to some later HP units with
> names like Entria, Nutria, or summat like that.

Envizex or something IIRC. Nutria sounds like a diet product :-D

> Actually, it boots fine now, but instead of getting a real Sun DT desktop on
> the screen, I just get the coarse grey X-term background and the "X" cursor.

No xdm? If you can get to the configuration screen and enable indirect
XDMCP, do you see anything in chooser (that's the way I'd start looking
at it).

> Of course, I haven't changed anything. The HP's IP address is 192.168.0.51,
> and the LX's name is "rtfm". All the boot files on the LX seem OK, and I get
> no error messages on the HP's screen.

No further comments about the dump. Mine boots from a PCMCIA card.

--
"Max hides behind territorial rights..."
"Max Hides vetoaa alueoikeuksiin..."