[rescue] Quadra 840av questions

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sun Mar 10 19:34:38 CST 2002

On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 02:59:58AM -0500, Jeff Borisch wrote:
> Do you need QT 2.0 or "QT 2.0 or better"?

Specifically QT 2.0.  I'm getting (should arrive this week) a spigot power AV
board, and it doesn't work with versions of quicktime newer than 2.0 on
Quadras, and requires even older software on PPC macs.

> > I'll try it.  Am I right that ID3 equals a pin on the 1st and 2nd ID pins,
> > and none on the 3rd pin (the 1st and second pins being the ones labeled 0
> > and 1).
>
> Sounds right to me. while you are at it double check your termination.

What am I looking for for termination?  The HD works.  The HD uses the last
connector on the cable (of four connectors), the CD-ROM uses the first
connector.  I've only tried dealing with termination on external devices,
so am clueless to what to look for here.

> Wait a minute. you said are running 7.6? that is open transport networking.
> Is there a reason you are trying to use MacTCP? It was replaced in Open
> Transport by a Control Panel just called TCP/IP. do you have that control
> panel? There is something fishy here.

I thought I was using MacTCP, but I don't know why.  The control panel is
labeled TCP/IP.  I set my IP,etc manually.  I set it to advanced
configuration.  I go to Get Info, and it tells me that I'm using OpenTransport
1.1.1.  So, I'm not using MacTCP apparently.  It also says:
This Macintosh: 192.168.0.103
Hardware address: < not applicable >

Hmm.  Maybe now we are getting somewhere.  I seem to remeber seeing a hardware
address in some dialog on this machine.  More poking is required.

--
Joshua D. Boyd