[rescue] Re: SunOS 4.0.3 tape images

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Sun Mar 10 14:46:01 CST 2002

I have SunOS 4.0.3 tapes. These are 1/4 inch 60M carts (QIC 24??). I've
been trying to copy the tapes to a file and then to another tape. I
tried dd on a Linux box, but it only go the first 32M on the tape and
quit. dd on Linux doesn't take the "files=" parameter. Thought I needed
that, so I put the drive on a BSD box where dd understands files=.

I made images of the tapes. The size seemed reasonable. But I couldn't
make a bootable tape out of the images.

I guess have to try dd off the tape again. I guess I'll look again at
the process that makes bootable tapes for 4.1.1, (someone on the list
pointed them out) and see if I can reverse that process to make disk
files to create images....

Unless someone else has another idea...

--
Steve Sandau