[rescue] Quadra 840av questions

Jeff Borisch jborisch at columbus.rr.com
Sat Mar 9 02:29:15 CST 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> My first question is, does anyone want to send me a set of older CDs? I need
> something with Quicktime 2.0 or older.

I believe you can DL 7.1 from apple. If this is not an option, I can help.

> Next question.  In MacTCP, I set it to get it's information by DHCP, but it
> isn't getting anything.  The light on the Asante AAUI lights up, as does the
> proper light on the switch.  What else do I need to do to make this work?

You are straining my memory! I'd have to install it again to even have a
guess. I'm sure Pete can remember though.

> Third, the CD-Rom.  I have an Apple 8x CDRom in this machine.  It is
> jumpered for termination power, and it is jumpered to scsi ID 7 I believe.
> This is the way the drive came, and I presumed that the drive had been in use
> in a mac, but perhaps not this one, before I got it.  The drive isn't
> working.  It opens and closes, but the OS doesn't recognize that I inserted
> a CD.

On the Mac and in many other cases the (narrow) controller is always 7, If
the CD-Rom is in fact jumpered to 7, changing that would be a good place to
start.

> Lastly, the Apple Video program refuses to record, saying I need more ram.  I
> have 32megs in this machine, how much more could it need?

I think that program recorded to ram exclusively. I found it pretty sucky,
but still fun, since at the time I had to use IIcx's at work.