[rescue] Quadra 840av questions

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sat Mar 9 01:23:10 CST 2002

I have a quadra 840av with MacOS 7.6 on it.

My first question is, does anyone want to send me a set of older CDs? I need
something with Quicktime 2.0 or older.

Next question.  In MacTCP, I set it to get it's information by DHCP, but it
isn't getting anything.  The light on the Asante AAUI lights up, as does the
proper light on the switch.  What else do I need to do to make this work?

Third, the CD-Rom.  I have an Apple 8x CDRom in this machine.  It is
jumpered for termination power, and it is jumpered to scsi ID 7 I believe.
This is the way the drive came, and I presumed that the drive had been in use
in a mac, but perhaps not this one, before I got it.  The drive isn't
working.  It opens and closes, but the OS doesn't recognize that I inserted
a CD.

Lastly, the Apple Video program refuses to record, saying I need more ram.  I
have 32megs in this machine, how much more could it need?

It also appears that I definately need more VRam for this machine soon.

--
Joshua D. Boyd