[rescue] Mac stuff rescue

Mike Hebel nimitz at owc.net
Tue Mar 5 01:22:49 CST 2002

GY> will the powerbook 100 run 7.6?  this is a machine with 4mb of ram and
GY> a m68000.  for that matter, will it boot off a cd?

Wow!  I'm so used to bucking the curve on "what will work" that I
didn't even think about that.  Maybe 7.1 will be the latest.  You'll
certainly want to see if you can't find more RAM for it - it maxes out
at 8meg.

Hmmm...have you see this page?:
http://www.lowendmac.com/pb/100.shtml

That's good jumping off point for you.  Per the FAQ linked page
7.0.1 is pretty much the best bang for the buck on that 'book. They
say you can run up to 7.5.5 but it will probably run "heavy".  Also,
read the note about not formatting the drive with 7.5. ;-)

Mike                         mailto:nimitz at owc.net