[rescue] Mac stuff rescue

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Mon Mar 4 14:41:36 CST 2002

>    Or, in software, "LocalTalk Bridge" does the same thing, which I had
> clean forgotten about until I read this:
> http://www.mandrake.demon.co.uk/Apple/ltalk/apple_software.html
>    The author mentions the estimable IPNetRouter, which I think will handle
> the LocalTalk to ethernet routing for you -- but ask them first.
>    And of ourse, these guys always have some information:
>
> http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/techno/network/osi/apple/tech/aptlk_pc.h
> tm
> -wde
> P.S. Do you know about the searchable archives of the Mac Managers mailing
> list? Try them out: http://archive.mac-mgrs.org/

Thanks for the pointers. www.mandrake.demon.co.uk has some good
information (as well as some terminology clarification) that was
interseting. I guess what I think I have in this Dayna device (and what
I would try to build in a Mac/BSD box if possible) is a LocalTalk to
ethernet gateway for AppleTalk. Sounds like a software version of that
is available from Apple. And, it's in my price range--free!

--
Steve Sandau
IS Technician, TMA Bath, Maine
ssandau at bath.tmac.com