[rescue] Mac stuff rescue

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Mon Mar 4 14:00:40 CST 2002

(Replying to self: doh.)

> > ...[AppleTalk on ethernet media] would require some gateway
> > that speaks AppleTalk on AppleTalk media *and* AppleTalk on
> > ethernet...
> >
>    What, like a GatorBox (by, erm, Cayman)?

   Or, in software, "LocalTalk Bridge" does the same thing, which I had
clean forgotten about until I read this:
http://www.mandrake.demon.co.uk/Apple/ltalk/apple_software.html
   The author mentions the estimable IPNetRouter, which I think will handle
the LocalTalk to ethernet routing for you -- but ask them first.
   And of ourse, these guys always have some information:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/techno/network/osi/apple/tech/aptlk_pc.h
tm
-wde
P.S. Do you know about the searchable archives of the Mac Managers mailing
list? Try them out: http://archive.mac-mgrs.org/
--
Will Enestvedt