[rescue] Today's rescue and need Wyse keyboard

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Sat Mar 2 17:06:25 CST 2002

"R. Lonstein" wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 01:40:38PM -0500, James Sharp wrote:
> > It would probably make a nice backup server (since thats
> > what it was). There were different OS loads for them from
> > the manufacturer, but most of them ran Novell Netware and
> > Cheyenne ARCServer.
>
> I just dug out PS/2-AT keyboard adapter and video cable and fired the
> thing up. The 1Gb Quantum drive has DOS 5.0, NetWare 3.12 and
> ArcServe6. They cared for it since they patched NetWare. It has a
> non-Y2K compliant BIOS- the date came up 3/2/1902 and won't go past
> 1999. Not sure if that will affect me much. I can't see spending for a
> MrBIOS upgrade or the like.

We have a couple of old-bios Netware servers. I seem to remember that
one of them needs the time set at the Netware console prompt. It has
been a while, though. They are rebooted about as often as a Unix box...

I think the command is "set time March 2, 2002 6:08 pm" or something
like that... The input syntax is basically the same as the output syntax
if you just type "time". (I think it's "time" and not "date".)

--
Steve Sandau
ssandau at bath.tmac.com