[rescue] Today's rescue and need Wyse keyboard

R. Lonstein rlonstein at pobox.com
Sun Mar 3 10:52:13 CST 2002

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 06:06:25PM -0500, Steve Sandau wrote:
    [snip]
> Netware console prompt. It has been a while, though. They
> are rebooted about as often as a Unix box...

NetWare was and is good for long uptimes. I remember visiting client
sites that had patched 3.11 boxes running as file/print servers and no
"amateur admins" on site with uptimes of 600+ days. A coworker once took
a picture of a 3.1 console that had more than 830 days and I have heard
stories of boxes accidentally walled up and not found until years later.

> I think the command is "set time March 2, 2002 6:08 pm" or
> something like that... The input syntax is basically the
> same as the output syntax if you just type "time". (I
> think it's "time" and not "date".)

Thanks, though I still have my NW references including the redbooks.
I've already wiped the box. I also found that the BIOS is nominally Y2k
compliant. I manually set the date and it held. I guess it just doesn't
roll over properly.

It's also a P75, not a 486 as I first guessed. I can't find any info on
the motherboard markings. I'm thinking Intel may have never released
this particular model outside their own products- it's seen as an LX/NX
chipset by OBSD but the PCISet markings don't match when I search. For
some reason I couldn't get it to finish booting the NetBSD floppies but
OpenBSD went on easily. Now I just have to tweak it to boot headless and
figure out how to use that nifty LCD.

- Ross