[rescue] The name of the one who created you

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Thu Jun 27 11:21:09 CDT 2002

> Oh, that was not my intent at all, but it is funny. Jews write G-D without
> spelling it out to avoid "taking his name in vain".
>
> According to Jewish law anything with the (HEBREW*) name of G-D on  it must
> be burried when it is disposed of.
>
> Geoff.
>
> * sort of like Jeh-Ho-V..... But it would be pronunced "yih...", however we
>   never say it.

Serious question,
I can understand not witing it out or speaking the name conversationally with
others, but just out of genuine curiosity, is it appropriate to use the name
aloud during conversations with the divine, as in Prayer?
Or does one simply pray silently, knowing that when you think the name it
brings immediate attention?

George