[rescue] New toy! Just picked up an "Ocatane" from ebay...

Corda Albert J DLVA CordaAJ at NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Wed Jun 26 10:05:37 CDT 2002

I just managed to pick up a dual r10k Octane from
ebay. A bit scuffed up, some broken plastic, and
the vendor indicated that it wouldn't boot from
the disk,  but it will be _yet another_ challenge
for me to play with. (hey, this hobby wouldn't be any
fun if everything just _worked_ out of the box ;-)

Specs:  Dual R10k, 256 Mb mem.,
4Gb hard disk, Assuming SI graphics (not
mentioned, but visible in picture) and 19" monitor.

Final sale price: $405.01

Shipping was a bit steep, but reasonable when
considering the weight, and the fact that it will
have to be shipped in two packages.

If anyone is interested, the ebay pointer is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2033134135&ed=1025041624&
ssPageName=ADME:B:EOA:US:2

I've been wanting one for quite some time, but
was waiting for a good deal.  This seemed to be
one (possibly because he misspelled "Octane"? ;-)

-al-
-acorda at 1bigred.com